Coyotes & Wolves
The Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87 will implement a Wolf Reduction Incentive Program for the 2017- 2018 winter season. The Coyotes Reduction program has been temporarily suspended until further notice.
Please note - you will be required to have signed permission from landowners before hunting on their land. Click here to get the form. Also new this year is direct deposit. Please fill out and return this Electronic Funds Transfer Form.
- The M.D. will pay an incentive of $75.00 per wolf killed during the six month period from October 1, 2017 March 31st, 2018.
- To qualify for the incentive payment, the wolf carcasses must be taken to the ASB/Public Works Shop north of Bonnyville. Call 826-3951 prior to bringing the animals in for the incentive payment to assure there is someone there to verify of the number of animals. When bringing the animals to the shop for verification, please cover them with a tarp to avoid displaying them to the general public, especially if you plan on stopping in town to do some shopping.
- Only whole, unskinned animals are accepted for payment; pelts are not eligible for payment.
- Wolf may be hunted (but not trapped) without a license during all seasons, as follows:
- On privately owned land by the owner or occupant of the land, or by a resident with permission from the owner or occupant.
- On public land by a person authorized to keep livestock on the land, or by a resident who has written permission from that authorized person.
The above authorities to hunt wolves extend to lands within 8 km (5 mi.) of the land described above, provided the authorized person or resident has right of access.
- Trappers will be asked to provide their Registered or Resident Fur Management License number when bringing carcasses to claim the incentive payment.
- Residents living within the M.D. of Bonnyville boundaries will be eligible to participate in this program and will be asked to provide the legal land location where the animals were trapped or shot.
- Residents are advised that it is illegal to sell whole or unskinned carcasses to anyone other than a fur buyer.
- The ASB staff will photograph the carcass to identify it as having been paid the incentive.
- The carcass will be returned to the owner who will be responsible to dispose of it properly.
- Animals that originate from outside the M.D. boundaries, or are brought in by a non-resident of the above noted areas will not be accepted for payment under this program.
The ASB will only accept carcasses Monday-Thursday 7:30-8 a.m. and 3-4 p.m., Friday 7:30-8 a.m. and 2-4 p.m. If you cannot make these hours please phone ASB office @ 780-826-3951 for special appointment.
The ASB staff has the right to disqualify carcasses if they suspect they do not meet criteria.
For information on regulations, please contact the Fish & Wildlife office at 780-826-3142 or 780-594-7876.