Permit Process

Development Permit

Before any new project can begin within the Municipal District of Bonnyville, a Development Permit must be issued by the municipality's Planning and Development Department.

Issuance of this permit is not a foregone conclusion. Properties within the municipal district have a specific zoning based on the municipality's Land Use Bylaw. By applying for a Development Permit you are asking municipal district staff to research your property's zoning and determine whether or not your project is a permitted use.

Steps & Fees

To learn the steps and fees associated with developing in the municipal district, please download our Understanding the Permit Process Brochure (PDF).