A Fire Ban and Off-Highway vehicle restriction for the Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87, Summer Village of Bonnyville Beach, Summer Village of Pelican Narrows and Village of Glendon is effective May 5, 2023.
Existing fire permits are cancelled, and no new fire permits will be issued.
- All open fires including campfires, backcountry and random camping areas and backyard fire pits and burn barrels.
- Charcoal briquettes, turkey fryers, tiki torches, and fireworks.
- The use of off-highway vehicles for recreational use on all public lands.
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified.
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues that are CSA approved or UL certified and are designed for cooking or heating.
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters.
- Fires contained in industrial facilities or on industrial sites as approved by a forest officer.
The OHV Restriction does allow:
- Indigenous people for traditional use.
- Commercial / industrial operations which require OHV.
- Agricultural use.
- Use on private land.
For further information contact the Bonnyville Regional Fire Authority 780-826-4755.
Monitor Alberta Fire Bans for updates or sign up for the M.D.'s Voyent Alert! notification system by clicking here.