May to November is road construction season in the M.D. Here is a list of roads that are currently closed, detoured, or are under a traffic reduction.
This list will be updated as projects begin and are completed.
UPDATED June 25, 2020
UPDATED August 20, 2020
UPDATED September 16, 2020
UPDATED October 16, 2020
UPDATED October 29, 2020
- Township Road 614 between Range Roads 484 to 485 will be closed for bridge replacement starting Oct. 14, 2020. The project is anticipated to be complete by the end of November.
- The projects on Range Roads 443 and 442 are now complete.
- The project on Range Road 475, north of Township Road 620 in now complete, and the road is open.
- The paving project at Twp. Rd. 630 between Rge. Rd. 485 and Rge. Rd. 491 has been completed and the road is now open.
UPDATED October 30, 2020
- Range Road 463 is now open to traffic. Construction on this project will resume in Spring 2021.
UPDATED November 3, 2020
- Starting Thursday, November 5, Range Road 485 between Highway 660 and Township Road 614 will be closed for a bridge/culvert replacement. The closure is expected to last until mid-December. The replacement of pavement at the project site will be completed during the 2021 road construction season.
UPDATED November 9, 2020
- The Cold Lake Regional Utilities Services Commission's Building 9 Force Main Extension project will see directional drilling across Range Road 420A (AKA the Golf Course Road), southeast of Cold Lake, beginning in the third week of November. This project will also see contractors directionally drilling across Township Road 624. The project is expected to be completed in March 2021. Traffic may be reduced to one-lane traffic on Rge. Rd. 420A and Twp. Rd. 624 during this project.