May to November is road construction season in the M.D. Here is a list of roads that are currently closed, detoured, or are under a traffic reduction.
This list will be updated as projects begin and are completed.
UPDATED June 25, 2020
UPDATED August 20, 2020
UPDATED September 16, 2020
UPDATED October 16, 2020
UPDATED October 29, 2020
- The projects on Range Roads 443 and 442 are now complete.
- The project on Range Road 475, north of Township Road 620 in now complete, and the road is open.
- The paving project at Twp. Rd. 630 between Rge. Rd. 485 and Rge. Rd. 491 has been completed and the road is now open.
UPDATED October 30, 2020
- Range Road 463 is now open to traffic. Construction on this project will resume in Spring 2021.
UPDATED November 3, 2020
- Starting Thursday, November 5, Range Road 485 between Highway 660 and Township Road 614 will be closed for a bridge/culvert replacement. The closure is expected to last until mid-December. The replacement of pavement at the project site will be completed during the 2021 road construction season.
UPDATED November 9, 2020
- The Cold Lake Regional Utilities Services Commission's Building 9 Force Main Extension project will see directional drilling across Range Road 420A (AKA the Golf Course Road), southeast of Cold Lake, beginning in the third week of November. This project will also see contractors directionally drilling across Township Road 624. The project is expected to be completed in March 2021. Traffic may be reduced to one-lane traffic on Rge. Rd. 420A and Twp. Rd. 624 during this project.
UPDATED November 25, 2020
- The bridge on Township Road 614 between Range Roads 484 to 485 has been completed, and the road is now open.
UPDATED December 4, 2020
- Range Road 485 north of Highway 660 is now open to traffic on a temporary basis, throughout the winter. Please note - the speed at the new bridge culvert site has been reduced to 50km/h. Roadwork is expected to resume in May.
UPDATED December 11, 2020
- The Cold Lake Regional Utilities Services Commission's Building 9 Force Main Extension project will see directional drilling across Range Road 420A (AKA the Golf Course Road), southeast of Cold Lake. Rge. Rd. 420A is now closed north of Twp. Rd. 624. Local traffic can access the road from the north. This closure is expected to last until end of January 2021.
UPDATED January 6, 2021
- Due to a project by EMCON there will be a detour on Secondary Highway 660 starting January 11. The detour is as follows: From Highway 660 travel Range Road 491 south to Township Road 610, Twp. Rd. 610 west to Rge. Rd. 92 and Rge. Rd. 92 north back to Hwy. 660. The detour will work in reverse for eastbound traffic. The project is expected to be completed by January 15, but may run as long as January 17.
UPDATED January 20, 2021
- The Force Main Extension project at Range Road 420A (AKA the Golf Course Road), southeast of Cold Lake, has been completed and the road is now open to all traffic.