FIRE RESTRICTION FOR:
M.D. of Bonnyville No. 87, Summer Village of Bonnyville Beach, Summer Village of Pelican Narrows and Village of Glendon
A Fire Restriction is in effect for the Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87, Summer Village of Bonnyville Beach, Summer Village of Pelican Narrows and Village of Glendon effective June 29, 2021.
- All fire permits are suspended;
- Wood campfires on public lands; and
- Burn barrels.
- Portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved or UL certified;
- Gas or liquid fuel cooking devices that are CSA approved or UL certified and are designed exclusively for cooking or heating;
- Catalytic or infrared style heaters that are CSA approved or UL certified;
- Wood burning campfires in fire rings or other purpose-built, permanent devices designed for containing campfires, within designated campgrounds on public land;
- Wood burning campfires in municipal campgrounds and wood burning fires in fire pits on private land;
- Charcoal briquette fueled fires on private land and within designated municipal campgrounds.
Essential burning can still occur by permit ,but only with permission from a Fire Guardian (e.g. industry, agriculture, traditional use). Fireworks are permitted by permit only in accordance with municipal bylaws outside the Forest Protection Area only. The fire restriction does not apply to Cities and Towns.
Please monitor www.albertafirebans.ca daily for any updates or changes.
For further information contact the Bonnyville Regional Fire Authority 780-826-4755.
For more information on the difference between a fire advisory, fire restriction, and fire ban, visit the Wildfire Alberta page here.