The Canadian Ski Patrol is offering training at Kinosoo Ridge Resort for new volunteer ski patrollers. If you've always wanted to be a part of CSP, now is your chance!
TRAINING INFORMATION FOR NEW PATROLLERS:
- Advanced First Aid Training and Certification (Including CPR-BLS/AED)
- Minimum age is 18 (possibility of early entry at 17)
- The CSP training has two components:
- Online learning modules
- Onsite learning with CSP First Aid Instructors
ROOKIE TRAINING DATES (5 training weekends):
- Cold Lake Dates: Oct 2-3 / Oct 16-17 / Oct 23-24 (Nov 20-21 Backup Weekend)
- Final exams: Nov 6-7
- On-snow training: Date to be determined depending on weather conditions
- You are expected to attend ALL training weekends.
- Membership fees are $155. This includes the course, insurance and admin fees.
- Kinosoo Ridge will reimburse the fees with a minimum of 40 hours of patrol.
- $100 deposit for Patrol Jackets required as they are a good quality jacket. The deposit will be returned when the jacket is returned to the Patrol Leader.
CANADIAN SKI PATROL - PERKS:
- All patrollers will be given a CSP ID Number which gives you access to the CSP national website.
- Patrollers get access to offers from many of the CSP’s industry partners, including Arcteryx, Helly Hansen, K2, Head, Burton, Spy Optics and many more!
KINOSOO RIDGE SKI RESORT - PERKS:
- Each patroller will get a free season pass.
- Patrollers can also earn individual guest passes or a free Family Pass.
- Free Coffee (morning only) and Free Lunch coupon for each full patrol shift.
EXPECTATIONS / COMMITMENT:
- Patrollers must commit to 50 hours of patrolling a year.
For more information, or to confirm your interest in attending Our CSP training course, please contact us a firstname.lastname@example.org before October 1.